A letter to me

>> Sunday, July 18, 2010

The other day, I was staying the night at this place... with all these people lol:) It was pretty fun... kinda, I mean, could have been better, but heeey. Anyway, one of the adults got me and some other people to do what she did when she was younger... which was write a letter to yourself that you can open years later on like a special day... like... I don't know, your wedding day, when you finish high school, and all that kind of stuff.

And that's what we did. Everyone else -- except one person -- wrote a one page letter, and me and the other person, were writing for a while. I wrote three pages:) ahaha. Not much, but they were 84, so, basically in a journal, that would be about... six pages.

Anyway, basically all I was saying was how I was feeling just then, what I hoped I would feel when I've finished my HSC or got married, and whether things had changed a lot or not. I guess, it's kind of like a journal, except you write it for you in the future. I haven't written in a journal for ages, but it felt really nice to write this. It was really cool... that's why I thought I'd share it with you. 'Cause maybe you'd like to do it too:)

Put on some music, be by yourself or do it with a friend (a friend would be heaps better -- I reckon, but it depends... I guess:)) get some pretty paper to write on, or to type on the computer and print out on -- it doesn't matter:) Just write about how you hope things are going now (now -- meaning... when you're whatever age you want to be when you open it) little tips... or even things that bother you now, so that when you look back, you can see the changes... remember the hardships that might be inspiring for the upcoming years. Anything. Just be yourself. Make it fun.

Then put it in a special envelope and list it to: To Libby... in the future (for example). I also put the year on it, and the date I wanted me to open it. And then put it in a special place, and open it when the time comes. You'll love reading it... seriously -- it'll be pretty fun and interesting;)

And then -- if we're still blogging together -- we can tell each other about it, and how much we loved opening it and reading it when the time comessss:P

Haha... I enjoyed it... hope you do to:)

Libby <3

8 girls have given hope:

Chelsea July 18, 2010 at 1:07 PM  

Thanks for the awesome idea Libby! I think that I might do that and then open it on my 16th birthday. KUTAW!:):) (lol!)
Love in Christ,
~Chelsea><>

emii July 18, 2010 at 2:21 PM  

I'm totally doing this!
LOL, the other day, I was cleaning my room (As in, a big clean out) and was going through a box with birthday cards and notes and stuff. Well, I found this little bag thing, so I opened it -- and inside was a letter to me, from me! I'd completely forgotten that I'd written it. It was from almost exactly a year ago, and I was cleaning my room -- "I'm cleaning my room right now..." How funny that I was cleaning my room when I found it. ;) It also said, "I was going to $20 in the bag, but I put $5 instead." Grr! Why didn't last-year me put $20? I know why -- because she didn't want to waste her money. Trust me, I'd know, because I wrote another letter, stuck it in the bag -- and put another $5 in there. No way was I putting $20 in a bag that could get lost. $20 means a lot of money to me.:P

luv,Emii

Libby July 18, 2010 at 5:41 PM  

Hey Emii,
Yeah, I've done that few times. I'd be cleaning my room and see these letter that I wrote when I was younger to whoever:) Is so cool to remember how you were back then, and what your writing looked like and all that kinda stuff:) And so many times I've found money too! hahah:)

And thanks Chels, and Miriam:)

Libby <3

Anonymous,  July 18, 2010 at 7:45 PM  

Thanks for the idea, I actually just did this today I thought it was such a good idea! ;) I am opening mine when I turn sixteen. Thanks again.
Annabelle

Libby July 18, 2010 at 9:51 PM  

Heeey,

That's awesome lol:) Sweet Sixteen -- good idea:)

Libby <3

KyAnn July 19, 2010 at 6:27 PM  

Cool idea! I'm going to do that! ;) I think I'm going to do mine to open on my 18th birthday! By the way, I just found your blog and I became a follower!
KyAnn
http://bloommagazine.webs.com

Libby July 20, 2010 at 4:26 AM  

Hey KyAnn:)

Thanks -- glad you like it:D And I'll check out your blog right now.

Libby :)

Post a Comment

Hey! What do you think of my blog (and posts aha) I would love to know.. and of course, we all looove comments, right??

Looking for something?

How many have visited...

Website counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP