FeelingDown?

>> Friday, July 23, 2010

Have you ever had those feelings where you just really want to give up? Or when nothings going right... or when everyone hates you, or when you lose a friend? I reckon like, every girl in the whole WORLD has had those feelings. But has all that stuff gone on for way too long it's so hard to cope? And especially when you suddenly are a teenager, and your life just changes, like, full on? You get new friends, and lose some others, or you don't get any new friends at all but you lose all the ones you used to play dress-ups with back when you were five? Or even moved from everyone you love, and it missing them really hurts? And life's just too hard.

Well, I was reading my bible the other day, and I started in Psalms, because that's always been my favorite bible -- it's got really good stuff in it that helps me a lot. And then -- I was kind of going through a bit -- and I was reading it, and I was like, "wow, this guy went through so much...and yet, he still praises God." I mean, that would be the hardest thing for me to do! Praise God -- even though everyone hates you and your life is just so bad? I couldn't do it.

And then I read a bit more, and few verses were there that helped a bit, and thought I'd share that -- because we all go through stuff in out life, and a little lift ups might help just a little. And just a little bit of help, helps a lot:)


Psalm 10:12 - 14
Arise, LORD! Lift up your hand, O God.
Do not forget the helpless.

Why does the wicked man revile God?
Why does he say to himself, "He won't call me to account"?
But you, O God, do see the trouble and grief; you consider it to take it in hand.
The victim commits himself to you;
you are the helper of the fatherless.

Psalm 10:17 - 18
You hear, of lord, the desire of the afflicted;
you encourage them, and you listen to their cry,
defending the fatherless and the oppressed, in order
tha man, who is of the earth, may terrifly no more.

Psalm 9:9
The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed,
a stronghold in times of trouble.

Libby ♥
P.s. I thought this song would help, if you're going through some stuff:)


Thing songs a good one of Britts too that might help:D
 

5 girls have given hope:

Anonymous,  July 24, 2010 at 7:30 AM  

Libby,
Great post. Those songs help me a lot :D! I also love the book Psalms, it's the easiest to comprehend for me. Thanks for posting :)
Annabelle

Annabelle,  July 24, 2010 at 7:32 AM  

This song is also great
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvl1ts4oQP0&feature=related
Stay Strong by the Newsboys.

Libby July 24, 2010 at 3:53 PM  

Heey -- I'll check that song out:) Yeah, I know, that's another reason I like Psalms.. heaps easy to understand.
-Libby

Olivia July 25, 2010 at 1:33 PM  

libby, thanks sooooo much!!!! this has been soo helpful to me right now!!!

Libby July 26, 2010 at 11:11 PM  

heey olivia, so glad it helped:D

Libby <3

Post a Comment

Hey! What do you think of my blog (and posts aha) I would love to know.. and of course, we all looove comments, right??

Looking for something?

How many have visited...

Website counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP